Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's on my bulletin board?

I was struggling for ideas regarding what to write, and looking around my computer desk.  I want to write, and it has been a couple of years since I wrote so prolificly.  (Yes, four blog posts in six days does too count as prolific!)  I have two bulletin boards built into my desk, and I realized that I could write about the items on each one.  Hopefully this comes across the way I wanted, and is not terribly boring.


Left-hand side

Okay, the first thing (starting on the far left and working clockwise) is a mission statement of sorts.  It reads "I wanna live free and bring kids with me learning from them as I empower them to never forget their innate wisdom of laughter, stickiness, daredevil impulses, superpowers and neverending sessions of imagination."

Next to that is a card with the zones of the sea (epipelagic, mesopelagic, bathypelagic, abyssopelagic, and hadapelagic) on it.  Thank you Finding Nemo!

On the blue card is the NATO phonetic alphabet... because I like that sort of thing. 

Down from that is the Kamloops logo re-done as the Secwepmculecw logo. 

Hanging off the bottom is an envelope where I keep coupons and Canadian Tire money. 

Next is the multiplication table from 1 to 12. 

Smack in the middle is where I keep all the receipts for purchases I make with the money we get for homeschooling through the Self Design program.



Right-hand side

And here's the right side.  The pink thing is a broken hair decorating thingy that Bailey used to wear. 

Underneath it is a beaded dragonfly keychain that someone (Bailey or my sister Jennifer) made for me. 

The orange rectangle is just a piece of corrugated cardstock that I loved (it was probably used as inspiration when I was choosing my wedding colours).

The circle is a post-it that contains a quote from Bob Ross: "We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents." Incidentally, my mother-in-law hates Bob Ross!  She says he's unoriginal and has no talent.  I smiled and nodded.

Little white rectangle at 5 o'clock from the orange circle reads "F8=safe mode" because I could never remember that on my own.

Above that is a keychain with my name on it that I made when I joined my other sister at a rather church-y playgroup she used to go to.

A receipt I'm too lazy to open is beside that, and then a list of our monthly bill payments (kind of out-of-date).  At the bottom of the list I wrote: "Paid in FULL!  Money flows easily and effortlessly into our lives  :)"  Come on Law of Attraction!  Do your thing!

Above that, barely visible is a V pin that I got when I met Eve Ensler at a Vagina Monologues workshop in Los Angeles.

Under the list of bills is a card with Sims cheats, and under that is a guide to the coloured pens that I use in our family's dayplanner. 

Above that is a green card that a counsellor gave me once listing my personal Bill of Rights.  Among the rights:  "13. You have the right to grow and change (and that includes changing your mind)." And "16. You have the right NOT to be responsible for other adult's problems." 

The green circle is a post-it with Sims cheats. 

Bailey made the pink and orange bracelet in honour of my wedding (those were our colours). 

She also made the beautiful dragonfly hanging. 

On the far left is a white business card with details about Steve's dream wedding band: $399.  Someday. 

And the last thing is the coolest poem that Bailey wrote for and about me in grade one or two:

B est mom
E ven a good cooker
V ery nice
nfo giver
N o badness

Hmm.  Maybe this was boring.  but I wrote it and I am reluctant to delete it so I'm going to hit the "Publish Post" button.  If you read this far then this information is now stuck in your brain forever.  Mwahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment